Thursday, October 7, 2010

and he's 1!

Last Saturday, October 2, Nolan turned 1 (and Dierks turned 2). We had a big party to celebrate our favorite little guy. We had a wonderful turn out at his Curious George themed party. Thank you to our wonderful family and friends that came to celebrate! This past year has been the most rewarding, happy, and difficult year (trying to figure out how to be parents, work full-time, and have Travis and I time), but I wouldn't change a thing. The moment Nolan entered the world my life changed forever and for the best. I didn't think it was possible to love someone as much as I love Nolan (Travis too). He is the joy of my life, I think back and feel like he has been around forever, what did we do pre-Nolan? I can't wait to see what this next year has to bring. I know life is just going to get better from here!

The Freij family made the trip to Indiana on Friday. We met Katie, Aiden, and Megan in Zionsville for pictures Friday evening by the Monahan's. We wanted to get pictures of the 3 kids together, I'll post them as soon as we get them back. They are going to be funny and oh so cute!

Saturday morning we went to Megan and Jon's house for breakfast so Kim and Randy could see their beautiful new home and then we spent the rest of the day preparing for the big party. The Archer family came over for lunch and to help us get ready. We tried putting the boys on the sun porch to play so they would be out of the way, that didn't work so well. They banged on the glass until we let them back in, hilarious!
 Dierks with his birthday hat on, I'm working on a picture with he and Nolan in bday hats
 The cupcake tree, Jill (friend) and I made these toppers. There was one for each month of Nolan's life. It was amazing to see how much he has changed in just 1 year.
 Nolan's "smash" cake
 Amber, Kensley, Nolan and I. Kensley and Nolan are 1 month and 2 days apart. We can't wait to celebrate Kensley's big day!
 Family pic, I love it! I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and son
 Jenson was nice enough to let us borrow his bounce house. The kids loved it!
  MMMMMM! Was what Nolan has to say about his cake!
 Still eating, no time for a picture
 Helaina had to get in on some cake action, too cute
 Both sets of grandparents got Nolan his Jeep PowerWheel, he loves it!
 What a lucky boy, Nolan with all of his presents!
 Classic bow picture
Cousins
 One of Nolan's favorite presents was a tent with a tunnel attached. He and Helaina laughed and played in it for a long time Sunday morning, hours of fun! This week Nolan has been driving his trucks through the tunnel, he is ALL BOY!
Sunday Travis and I took Nolan to a local Pumpkin Patch. He had so much fun playing with the pumpkins, going on a hay ride and looking at the farm animals.
I love his face
  This picture cracks me up, he rode around the entire house like this while Travis used a broom stick to push the pedal of the car, he's close to reaching the pedal. Looks like he is waiting for his girlfriend to hop in
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment